Friday, April 8, 2011

Moving Away From Consumerisum

Tea Tree OilImage via WikipediaThis is a post and hopefully a series of post directed by bloggy friend over at Simple Single Mom she is most definitely an inspiration. The idea is to be conscious of what we buy and why we buy, to live within our means, and even more to consciously purchase.

The week of April 3rd:

Purchase of $11.99 Tea Tree Oil, we make most of our own cleaning supplies. So this item is indeed a house item, a consumable. I don't tend buy organic simply because of price. The same size bottle organic would cost $29.99. Now that I think of it we make ALL of our cleaning supplies except laundry and cloth diapering soaps.



A pile of Lego blocks, of assorted colours and...Image via WikipediaPurchaesd of $53.46 for Legos. This were individual blocks purchased either through Lego directly or through ebay. These are for a Lego Club through Currclick. This month's class will be about building simply machines.



Purchase of $31.45 for math books. We school all year round and main subject items are purchased as needed.

While the last two items are necessary for the learning at home family. I still want to create a budget for these items. I want to have the money actually on hand, a line item budget item. I am not there yet but I hope to be by June.

I'll need to check with our dear leader in this matter as to if we should post all things we purchase or just the extras...hmm
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. I think this is really good! Everything you bought is either something consumable or something for homeschooling. I agree that a homeschool budget can quickly get out of control, thankfully grandparents send us mot of our supplies. I've been posting extras, the food I listed last week was from a restaurant and the bus ride was to a place that we normally walk.

    ReplyDelete