Monday, April 15, 2013

How many days to form a habit?

Cluttered brain
Cluttered brain (Photo credit: ali eminov)
My head is usually jam packed with thoughts, ideas, plans.  However my freeway system up there is in need of bit of an update.  All that stuff in my brain, never gets a chance to get out and become part of my or anyone else's life.

I was supposed to call
I should have done that yesterday
I forgot the Rx at home, while I'm standing in line at the pharmacy
5:30pm and what's for dinner

I have had enough!  I see this behavior is adding so much stress and concern in my life.  My plan (here we go again) is to get myself organized and start moving.  I know one of my many stumbling blocks is the sheer amount of things I have and want to accomplish daily if not hourly.  I will have to to break down things into a smaller more doable lists.

I will consolidate my steps, to save money on gas, and cause less havoc on me.  You know running to drop someone off at an activity only to get home realizing you forgot to pick up milk.  No more.  So anytime I leave the house I will have a list of things that need to be done, I will collect all the needed items to complete the tasks and than I will head out.

I will use commuting or downtime to listen to encouraging, educational, or spiritual context.  This will help keep my mind focused.  It will be a little bit of "car-schooling".

Lastly and this is a mighty one.  No more eating out.  The worse thing is you won't find me stuck too many times in the drive thru line.  But geesh, it's those last minute cravings that seem to come out of nowhere and I just grab something.  So I will always leave the house with water and at least one snack.  I also need to come up with a list of healthy clean eating snacks for myself.

Now that it is down in writing maybe you can help hold me a little more accountable.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment